Bang&Clean® is a mobile cleaning solution for a wide range of solid residues that can build up within boilers, hoppers, and silos. Shock waves are created using a finely controlled gas mixture to gradually remove deposits and fouling from affected surfaces.
Bang&Clean® can be applied while boilers are operating, removing the need for costly plant shut downs. Alternatively, the process can be applied immediately before or during shut down to prepare the boiler for shutdown activities.
Bang and Clean works according to a simple process:
- A lance is introduced into the boiler near the area to be cleaned
- At the end of the lance a balloon is inflated with a combustible gas mixture
- The mixture is ignited via a remote ignition
- The resulting shock wave causes vibrations in the targeted area
- These vibrations and shock waves dislodge the fouling without damage to tubes or infrastructure
The Bang&Clean® technology was developed by the Swiss company BANG&CLEAN TECHNOLOGIES AG. It has been continually improved for over a decade to provide optimum cleaning efficiency, speed of clean and safety of application. KRR ProStream is the exclusive UK supplier of this service.
Bang and Clean® has successfully been used on a wide range of areas of plant, including:
- Radiation passes
- Evaporator bundles
- Superheater bundles
- Economiser bundles
- Dry and semi-dry FGT systems
- APC Silos
- Finned tube heat exchanger bundles
- ESP (Electrostatic Precipitators)
Please contact us now to discuss your requirements.