KRR’s commitment to promoting sustainability is a key element of our organisation. Our goal is to develop and promote good sustainability practices amongst our employees, within our community and amongst our suppliers.
Our sustainability policy is based on the following principles:
- Be aware of and comply with all applicable regulations, guidelines and codes of practice.
- Ensure that sustainability considerations are included in all our business decisions.
- Education of staff to be aware of our Sustainability Policy and its implementation.
- Continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
We apply the principles of the Sustainability Policy as follows:
- Develop, implement and maintain a certified environmental management system.
- Monitor, record and understand electricity usage and look for energy saving opportunities
- Maximise the reuse or recycling of waste including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment
- Monitor, record and understand our CO2 emissions and reduce our carbon footprint.
- Avoid travelling to meetings where alternatives are available, such as teleconferencing.
- Ensure any timber products we use are from sustainable sources.
- Encourage the recruitment and mentoring of next generation employees.
- Maintain an ongoing programme of research and development to keep our services current and relevant.
- We are committed to maintaining our involvement in local community projects including managing the Loseley Park Recycling Scheme and contributing to local charitable projects such as SATRO and GASP.
- Have awareness of the environmental management practices of our suppliers.